Thursday, January 1, 2009

Adding listing of ICM concerts taking place in Pune to this blog page

Namaskar! Happy New Year 2009!

When I posted the review of Pt. Ronu Mujumdar's concert organized by SPIC-MACAY, many people wrote to me asking how I came to know about the concert while they missed it. There is no secret. I just read the Pune editions of "Sakal" and "The Indian Express" every day and look for any music concert advertisements or announcements. Both the newspapers also publish weekly cultural calendar on Thursday (most of the times).

In order to make these concerts known to the web savvy Punekars or visitors, I am adding a list of announcements to this page. I am hoping to keep it updated as I notice new concerts being announced in the newspapers. If any readers of the blog know about concerts not listed here, please write to me and I will be very happy to add an entry. 

Cheers!

Bansuriwala

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea, Abhinav! I am going to be in Poona for three weeks in January and was looking for a place to find out about concerts *before* I landed up there. This is a wish come true. Thank you so much!

    Regards,
    Abhay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Abhay! I feel absolutely lucky to be living in Pune where so many good quality ICM concerts take place. Many being free! In fact I keep feeling bad that I can attend only a very small percentage of these. It will be absolutely great if you could post reviews of the concerts you attend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing excellent work! Thanks, and keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Pranav. It feels very good to know that many people are actually reading this blog and finding it interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice blog :). The "Almost live from Sawai ..." series was well written and I enjoyed reading it. It would be awesome if you could upload snippets of audio files of your bansuri recitals and experiments so that less knowledgeable people (like me) will be able to enjoy the sound of the raagas and notes :).

    Great going. Two thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete